After 20 years overlooking beautiful Central Park, San Domenico NY is moving! Bringing our signature, authentic Italian fine dining downtown, we are proud to usher in the next generation with the launch of SD26, a stylish restaurant to debut at our new home on Madison Square ParK. SD26 is slated to open in spring 2009 at 19 East 26th Street.
In the meantime, we invite you to continue to enjoy our cuisine and talented service with the newly formed San Domenico Events. From the San Domenico team, this luxurious catering company offers the same superior hospitality now tailored to any event you may be planning.
We look forward to many more memorable meals with you!
- On Monday, November 19, 2007, SAN DOMENICO NY held its Annual White Truffle Gala and Auction in collaboration with the Italian Culinary Institute for Foreign Professionals (ICIF), Enoteca Regional del Barolo and Regione Piemonte. The proceeds of the Auction benefited the Gruppo Ristoratori Italiani (GRI) Giacomo Bologna Scholarship Fund, which awards six young culinarians a one-week educational trip to Italy. The auction also featured Five white truffles ranging from 180 grams to 300 grams and custom diamond jewelry from Brilliant Stars. The event was a great success for San Domenico NY and GRI and we would like to thank everyone for their continued support. We hope to see you again next year!
- On November 26, 2007 Director, Writer and Producer James Gray personally chose San Domenico NY to shoot a scene for his upcoming movie “Two Lovers” starring Joaquin Phoenix, Gwyneth Paltrow and Isabella Rosellinni. The scene also features Marisa May and assistant Maitre’D, Vincenzo Scala’s movie debute, playing an extra, dinning at San Domenico NY! “Two Lovers” is set to hit theaters some time in end of 2008.
- Dear buddies Johnny Depp and Keith Richards had a happy holiday dinner at San Domenico NY. We would like to congratulate Johnny Depp on his fantastic performance. Johnny stars is “Sweeney Todd” and Keith in the upcoming “Pirates of the Caribbean”. They had lots to celebrate!
- On his recent visit to New York, the President of Italy, Giorgio Napolitano dined with distinguished Italian Dignitaries in our private room. President Napolitano congratulated Tony May and Marisa for the high quality Italian Cuisine and said “it is like eating in Italy”.
- San Domenico NY’s Sommelier, Piero Trotta, did a special photo shoot with Esquire Magazine’s for their April 2008 issue. Pick up a copy on Esquire Magazine when it hits shelves in April and find out what it is all about!
- On December 24, San Domenico NY was named one of Forbes Magazine's All Star Eateries in N.Y. The Excellence of San Domenico NY was recognized by the editors of Forbes Magazine’s Restaurant Guide with the coveted 3 Stars! We would like to thank Forbes Magazine and the eatery experts: Tom Jones, Patrick Cooke, Monie Begley as well as the Forbes Brothers Bob, Kip and Tim. We are overjoyed and are grateful for your support!